Client: Wonder Forge, Seattle, WA
Establish a vibrant social media presence for an independent board game company, starting from zero fans/followers and minimal brand awareness. Develop brand voice, amplify existing marketing efforts, and cultivate relationships with partners and influencers — all in less than an hour a day.
Secret Sauce Contributions (Ongoing):
- Collaborating with team to clarify objectives, crafting social media strategy, and drafting sample posts to ensure alignment.
- Creating and maintaining Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube profiles.
- Building a comprehensive, integrated editorial calendar; writing and publishing all posts to creatively build an authentic, inspired brand presence.
- Setting up an integrated dashboard to track and respond to all brand and product mentions as well as content from key partners, bloggers, and industry influencers.
- Integrating tightly with PR outreach and partner social media efforts, including Twitter parties, Facebook giveaways, and trade shows.
- Building an organic, low-budget brand ambassador program to identify and reward the company’s most enthusiastic and consistent fans.
- Identifying new influencers and bloggers for outreach.
- Creating processes to capture and make use of valuable fan insights, and ensuring they are fully integrated into all areas of the business.
- Providing thought leadership on best practices for word-of-mouth marketing and emerging social media platforms.
- After two years and zero incremental spend, Wonder Forge has a relatively small but highly engaged, passionate, and supportive social media community (2,400+ on Facebook; 1,700+ on Twitter).
- 100% response rate to fan comments, posts, and tweets.
- “People Talking About This” Facebook measurement often eclipses those of pages with communities that are 10 or even 20 times larger.
- Brand sentiment remains consistently 100% positive, with frequent “love” mentions.
- It is possible to cultivate a highly engaged, enthusiastic community with a very small investment (of both dollars and time).
- Responding to fans consistently and positively goes a long way toward building brand loyalty.
- Paying close attention to what’s going on with influencers, key partners, and bloggers reveals priceless insights and new opportunities.
If you would like to talk more about cultivating social media community without a big budget, please get in touch.