The Challenge: Create hundreds of buzz-worthy questions for a Facebook game featuring pop culture icon Sir Mix-A-Lot on a fast, fluid schedule. Drive outreach and launch on a shoestring budget.
Secret Sauce Contributions:
- Established overall content approach, voice, and high-level parameters to support game spec and deliver innovative Facebook social gaming experience.
- Crafted 1,000+ clever, entertaining game content elements to engage Sir Mix-A-Lot’s fans.
- Helped mastermind and execute social media and PR strategy behind what GeekWire called “The greatest PR pitch ever.”
“[Catherine] instantly gets the idea, makes it better, asks tough questions, drives the process, and then delivers the most awesome content one could have imagined on time and on budget.” Adam Tratt, CEO of Giant Thinkwell (full recommendation here)
- Dozens of high-profile media hits including Mashable, TechCrunch, Washington Post, and AdWeek.
- Sir Mix-A-Lot grew Facebook fan base from 1,200 to 20,000+ in under a week.
- Sir Mix-A-Lot invited to throw the first pitch at Seattle Mariners game and speak as a social media expert at Seattle Interactive Conference 2011 and IN-NW 2012. (Are these a direct result? We’ll never know for sure, but the media coverage certainly didn’t hurt.)
“MixNMatch is Giant Thinkwell’s first game, and it’s cute and funny enough that we would like to see more from this shop.” Jolie O’Dell, Sir Mix-A-Lot Likes Big….Facebook Games, Mashable
- Researching and referencing personal details in PR pitches gets them noticed.
- Creating an optimized social media dashboard is a cost-effective way of amplifying a launch.
- When you can make a bona fide character like Sir Mix-A-Lot laugh out loud, you’re on the right track with the content.
If you need content or inspiration to support your launch, please contact us.