Client: Burro, Seattle, WA and Koforidua, Ghana
Burro is an inspiring startup with a unique, complex story that wasn’t being told effectively on its website. There was plenty of content, but it was dense and difficult to read online. The company’s founder undertook a major site redesign to present Burro in a more compelling way, and engaged Secret Sauce Creative to lead the content strategy. The budget was small, so we needed every word to do more, just like Burro’s innovative, hard-working products.
Secret Sauce Contributions:
- Performed detailed audit of existing site content to determine what was usable, what changes would be needed, and what was missing.
- Collaborated with founder and site designer on inspiration, overall strategy, user experience, and site design.
- Created clear, detailed voice/tone guidelines to establish brand voice and inspire all brand copy.
- Created detailed site outline with specific copy requirements and direction for each page.
- Developed plan to establish and maintain company blog, including overall inspiration, post types, media, and suggested post topics.
- Extended brand storytelling approach to social media channels, providing training and inspiration and crafting overall strategy for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- The “on-the-ground” story of Burro is now unfolding authentically across channels through evocative stories and imagery.
- The Burro team has been able to establish and maintain a high-quality blog and social media presence without outsourcing.
- The Burro Facebook community—small and growing organically—is highly engaged, with some posts achieving virality (response/share rates) of more than 20%.
- Site copy readability has increased by 65%.
Do you need your content to do more? Please get in touch!